At McGann Facial Design, we take dentistry very seriously.
But we think teeth can be fun too!
It’s Friday…so why not start off the weekend with a few Fun Dental Facts?
- Teeth are the hardest substance in the human body.
- Tooth decay is the 2nd most common disease in the United States after the common cold…the estimated cost of one cavity over a lifetime? Over $2,000.
- 4 million children in the U.S. are affected by cavities – that is greater than the population of the city of Los Angeles.
- Certain cheeses and dark chocolate have been found to protect teeth from decay.
- 65% of all Americans are estimated to have halitosis or bad breath.
- More than a billion dollars a year is spent on over-the-counter products that only mask bad breath odors.
- If you don’t floss, you will miss cleaning 35% of your tooth surfaces.
- The average human produces 25,000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime. That is enough to fill up 2 swimming pools.
- There are over 100 million bacteria in just one drop of saliva.
- Over 3 million miles of dental floss are purchased in North America each year.
While these fun facts will give you something to smile about, oral health is more than just fun and games. Practicing good dental health habits can foster a healthy smile for a lifetime. Here at McGann Facial Design, we believe that knowledge is power. Check our future posts for more dental facts and to learn more about your mouth. If you have any questions, concerns, or suffer from issues with your teeth or jaw, call or email us today!
To learn more about what we do, meet our team, and read patient stories, visit our website www.mcgannfacialdesign.com