Improving This World, One Smile At A Time.
Be a World Smile Day Ambassador.
Since its inception in December 1963, the Smiley Face has been part of American culture. Harvey Ball created Smiley for a Worcester, MA Insurance Company. What began as an internal employee morale boosting campaign soon spread around the world to become the international symbol of goodwill and good cheer.
Since 1999, on the first Friday in October, people around the world celebrate World Smile Day, a day dedicated to smiling and making others smile. Harvey Ball believed that we could and should devote at least one day each year to smiles and kind acts. When he created the day, Ball asked that everyone to do one act of kindness to make someone else smile.
In 2001, the Harvey Ball World Smile Foundation was established to honor the name and memory of Harvey Ball. Harvey Ball believed that each one of us has the ability to make a positive difference in this world and he lived according to that belief. He knew that any effort to improve the world, no matter how small, was worthwhile…and he understood the power of a smile and a kind act. To read more about The Harvey Ball World Smile Foundation, click here.
To help you get in the right mood, here are 10 quotes about smiling to share Friday:
- “Before you put on a frown, make absolutely sure there are no smiles available.” – Jim Biggs
- “You’ll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile.” — Charlie Chaplin
- “Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray.” — Lord Byron
- “Here’s wishing you the smiles o’ life and not a single grumble.” Irish Blessing
- “If you see a friend without a smile, give him yours.” – Proverb
- “Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” — Mother Teresa
- “You’re never fully dressed without a smile.” – Martin Charnin
- “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.” – Phyllis Diller
- “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
We at McGann Facial Design love to help our patients love their smiles. Come on! Join us today…get out there and help one person smile!